Thursday, September 14, 2017

I'm a Little Kawaii Teapot


I bet you have heard this one before, but do you know the second verse? I didn't! 

I'm a little teapot, short and stout,
Here is my handle, here is my spout. 
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout,
Tip me over and pour me out!

I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true
Let me show you what I can do
I can change my handle and my spout.
Just tip me over and pour me out!

Nursery rhyme remixes remind me of the books of Jane Cabrera. She does such an awesome job of extending traditional songs. Her bright, bold illustrations are pretty great as well. I use her jungle-fied "If You're Happy and You Know It" and "The Wheels on the Bus" over and over at storytime. They can be shortened for toddlers or read in full with the preschoolers.

Image result for jane cabrera

Image result for jane cabrera

And look, here is a nonplussed aloe plant.

Thanks to Jessica from Storytime in the Stacks for hosting this weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment