Sunday, December 23, 2018

Kawaii Xmas!


Hey!
I got a bunch of 70% off felt garland CREATOLOGY kits at Michael's yesterday. They came 4 to a pack, so I got two packs of each. I figured they would make excellent "Five Little" whatever props. But then I decided they looked like ornaments and had to make a little tree...



I put it out at the ref desk so the kids can decorate it repeatedly...


These are mostly as they came in the kits from Michaels
Gingerbread Rhyme 
(from Kiboomers)
Five gingerbread men lying on a tray
One jumped up and ran away
Shouting “catch me, catch me, catch me if you can
I run really fast, I'm the gingerbread man!

Five Little Cups of Hot Cocoa
(from my brain)
Five little cups of hot cocoa,
Pick one up and drink it slow,
Let's play count the marshmallow(s)!
each cup has descending number of marshmallows


(I added some gems to the trees...)
Five Little Christmas Trees 
(from LapTimeSongs)
Five little Christmas trees standing all alone
Their hearts were very sad ’cause they hadn’t found a home.
Then chop went the ax
And down fell a tree
And off it went with a happy family.


Five Little Snowmen
(from KCLS)
Five little snowmen standing in a row (hold up 5 fingers)
Each with a hat (pat head) and a big red bow (pull at neck like a bow tie)
Along came the sun ''(arms form big circle over head)'' and it shone all day (lean to the left)
And one of those snowmen melted away! (put down one finger)
Continue until there are no snowmen left.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Keith,
    Love your blogs posts! Have been talking with other children's librarians and we miss your posts. Will you come back to blogging soon?

    ReplyDelete